Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you enjoy the challenge of complex problems and you’re eager to learn new technologies
Autonomous: self motivated and able to work with the typical ambiguity of an early-stage company
Personable: fun loving yet comfortable with both asking for help and giving it when needed
Analytical: able to back your ideas and suggestions with sound data and math
Well rounded: both team based and solo projects are in your wheelhouse, you enjoy working with other departments to come up with creative solutions to hard problems
What you’ll do:
- Support Starry’s corporate end users with various technology issues (Wi-Fi, printers, laptop repairs, etc.)
- On-board new users including preparing company-owned laptops to corporate standards, creating cloud accounts, and supporting any issues for first day hires; follow up with new hires and their managers to ensure compliance with company policies (2-factor authentication, etc.)
- Own and improve processes and systems to improve on-board experience, security, and reliability of corporate IT systems while minimizing any impact to end-user’s ability to get their day job done
- Maintain and own inventory of materials and hardware to be able to handle bursts in hiring and to have spares available for urgent needs; work with Office Operations team for ordering
- Bachelors or Associates in technical field (MIS, etc), or equivalent discipline/experience (appropriate certifications are also acceptable)
- Experience with OSX, Windows, and Linux in end-user environment
- Experience with MDM tools such as Meraki and Microsoft Intune
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, or sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Extra points if:
- You have experience scripting in Bash, Powershell, Python, etc.
- You have experience configuring and debugging Wifi issues (Ubiquiti)
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.