Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
We are looking for a Designer to join our growing creative team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and expand our growing brand, iterating on components and contributing to our guidelines. Your projects will vary week to week, and you’ll be able to flex your design skills across a variety of mediums—creating sophisticated layouts for brochures or direct mail, attention grabbing clothing and merch, OOH and wild postings, and really (really) good emails. You’ll be able to see your projects from concept to completion—from sketching initial designs, creating production-ready files, and working with vendors to ensure your work is executed correctly. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with art directors and copywriters to drive the look and feel of campaigns and design cool things yourself.
Who you are:
You’re a self-starter with a sense of humor. You have a diverse portfolio demonstrating an awareness of current design trends as well as the technical chops to bring your ideas to life. You enjoy having your hands on several things at once; coming up with multiple concepts and developing designs that push creative boundaries. You’re highly organized and have a sophisticated eye for detail. You double check everything before its released into the wild. Lastly, you know the ins and outs of the Creative Suite and enjoy executing in a variety of mediums including photography, illustration, animation and typography.
What you’ll do:
- Design for a broad range of platforms including print, digital, email, social, and OOH campaigns
- Create production ready mechanicals for your designs and work with project managers, developers and vendors to ensure your work is executed flawlessly
- Build on our existing brand to develop a library of assets including treatments for photography, typography, illustration and interactions
- Apply feedback from directors and stakeholders to ensure your projects are completed in a timely manner
- Collaborate with creative directors, art directors and copywriters to develop the look and feel of buzzworthy marketing campaigns
- Source external resources including photographers, illustrators, and vendors
What you’ll need:
- 4-7 years experience at an agency, in house or otherwise
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates communication and core design skills across a wide variety of formats
- Demonstrated mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Google Docs & Microsoft Office
- Basic animation, photography, and illustration skills a must
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to create work with minimal supervision and present ideas in a cohesive manner
- Enthusiasm for the digital design industry and technology at large.
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.