Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Lead Brand Ambassador who will be responsible for leading Starry branded marketing events around the city & who will act as the face of Starry. Our ideal candidate possesses strong leadership qualities and is a self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well spoken. You’ll help drive subscriber signups to meet event goals while effectively communicating Starry’s offering and value proposition. You will also enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. Our Lead Brand Ambassadors will be needed at various times including weekday mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends. Previous experience leading a team required.
Work schedules can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments. The position is part time and includes evenings and weekends.
A Leader: responsible, accountable, a good communicator & have previous experience leading a team
Quick: able to think on your feet, have fast decision-making capabilities & pick up knowledge on-the-go
Positive: confident, have a sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Organized: strong affinity for organization, multitasking and the details
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 1-3 Brand Ambassadors during events around the greater Boston area
- Be equipped with a Starry kit, table, and cooler which you will bring to set up at each event.
- Contribute directly to the success of the company by driving & meeting signup goals for each individual event.
- Inspire, motivate, and encourage Brand Ambassadors to interact with residents and acquire signups at each event.
- Create a unique and on-brand experience to increase brand awareness
- Recommend events, experiences and influencers that align with the Starry mission
- Communicate success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Marketing team
- Generate awareness through postering and other guerilla style street activations
- Previous leadership and managerial experience required.
- Ability to transport an entire event setup (kit, table, cooler) to various apartment buildings.
- 1-2 years of customer facing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Boston neighborhoods and surrounding communities
- Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings, and occasional weekends
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Interest in new technology
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with events
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Your sense of humor shines through, even if under stress
- Previous Brand Ambassador experience a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.