Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The Vice President of Sales and Marketing will lead the local sales and marketing teams who are responsible for delivering sales growth for Starry’s services in the Los Angeles market. The ideal candidate will exceed company objectives by developing strategic sales and marketing plans that promote Starry’s “Customer First” mission statement. You must be a strong leader, and will utilize your excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills to effectively manage the teams’ operational cadence.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the General Manager to define the sales and marketing strategy and operational plan for the sales team
- Develop enterprise account penetration strategies and successfully execute them
- Build, develop, and manage sales and marketing teams capable of delivering our initiatives
- Work cross-functionally and maintain clear communication across teams
- Establish competitive Sales Commission programs
- Collaborate on various Sales & Marketing initiatives to enhance branding efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related discipline; Master’s or MBA preferred
- 10 years of experience in sales and marketing, with at least 5 years experience leading a team
- Experience launching new markets
- Experience sourcing, structuring, communicating, and negotiating sales terms/agreements
- Strong presentation skills; able to communicate effectively to varying audiences
- Skilled in collaborating with legal partners and negotiating contracts
- Ability to deal with the ambiguity typical of a new company
- A willingness to thoughtfully push initiatives forward
- An innate ability to balance early stage scrappiness with professionalism
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, with great interpersonal skills
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- Highly motivated and intellectually curious
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.