We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
What we're looking for
Starry is looking for a RF Test Engineer to work on our unique consumer facing products. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of test development and production support through the entire product life-cycle – concept, engineering development, verification testing, new product introduction, and production through end of life. You should be proficient using RF testing principles and have an understanding of manufacturing and testing practices.
What you'll do
- Automating RF test and measurement setups for developmental and production environments
Developing detailed test plans, test procedures, and test result documents
- Contributing to design engineering reviews to improve test coverage and vertical testability
- Leading technical test projects in support of product development or test technology development
- Performing ad hoc testing as required
- Supporting global manufacturing and integration footprint
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or other related technical degree
- Strong understanding of RF and microwave principles
- Experience with the use of equipment for testing of RF and microwave components
- Proficiency with programming in one or more languages such as LabView, Python, C/C++, C# or Visual Basic
- Knowledge of operation of amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, and transceivers
- Capable of designing and documenting overall test strategies or test systems for system, subsystem, and component level testing
Bonus points if..
- Knowledge and experience using Litepoint or Keysight equipment to test WiFi products
- Experience with hardware integration and testing
- Knowledge of 802.11 WiFi Physical Layer a plus
- Experience releasing a new product from NPI phase to mass production
- Experience with working with Tier 1 EMS or CM
- Outstanding shuffleboard skills a plus
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.