Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
As the Senior Manager of Contract Manufacturing Operations, you will oversee all strategic and operational aspects of materials acquisition and execution from external manufacturing partners for Starry. Major program management responsibilities include external partner relationships, materials management throughout the product life cycle, and commercial management of contract manufacturing operations (product cost, excess & obsolete materials, asset/tooling management). This role also plays a key leadership role for new product launches including supply chain set-up and execution, from project initiation through volume production.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and execute contract manufacturing operations (order management, delivery, material planning, RMAs) through external manufacturing partners and component suppliers, as required, to ensure supply continuity
- For contract manufacturers, lead supplier selection, qualification, development, and overall supplier management, including managing the entire contract life cycle from Request for Proposal to supplier exit. Support the development of supply agreements to ensure supply continuity at the right cost, quality, and service levels
- Work with Project teams to ensure new product readiness, transition and rapidly ramp and reach time-to quality and volume on new products
- Drive capacity planning process at factories to ensure the company has adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts
- Develop and execute processes that enable a reliable, cost effective and flexible contract manufacturing (CM) supply chain network including the creation of rolling forecasts to aid in establishing CM production schedules and capacity planning needs
- Actively manage compliance to established contract manufacturing cost structures for complex box build products including materials, direct labor, overhead, and other manufacturing related costs. Perform detailed cost analysis and cost reduction activities
- Mitigate material shortages based on production schedule requirements while minimizing excess & obsolete material (E&O) and unfavorable cost variances (PPV)
- Create alignment with Starry’s preferred supplier base in conjunction with Strategic Sourcing, including management of tooling kick-off for custom mechanical components and the ramp execution/hand-off to the CM, and driving supply chain readiness for NPI launches and ensure a seamless transition into Mass Production (MP)
- Manage supplier relationships for ODMs as assigned
- BS/MS Business, Supply Chain, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5-10+ years of experience in global and complex (electronics) manufacturing procurement or supply chain management, including experience managing outsourced manufacturing.
- Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) industry experience required
- Strong business acumen to manage product cost and supplier relationships
- Experience in managing outsourced contract manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience analyzing and querying data to harvest insights and develop data-driven decisions (advanced MS Excel skills)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- International business experience working globally across cultures and time zones
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our weekly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.