Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
About the Systems Integration and Validation Team
The Systems Integration and Validation team plays a critical role in the development of our technology, typically focusing on four main areas:
- SW build regression testing: SIV engineers develop automated regression tests and run them against each major release of our system software.
- Full system verification: SIV engineers develop automated tests to confirm expected system functionality during the prototype and manufacturing stages. This work involves understanding the operation of the complete system in order to be able configure all parameters and execute usage scenarios.
- HW component characterization and verification: SIV engineers collaborate with the RF, HW and SW teams during development to test the component blocks that comprise our systems.
- Investigation of system-level behaviors and issues: Leveraging all of the skills described above, experienced SIV engineers are uniquely qualified to drill down into the entire system in order to find the source of (and often solution to) challenging problems. This work is often of critical importance and directly impacts the Internet experience that we provide to our customers.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement software to automate tasks in all four of the major SIV focus areas described above.
- Create end-to-end system-level and functional component-level tests for Starry's Wifi and Internet products.
- Evaluate test specifications, requirements, strategies and methodologies for Starry's WiFi and wireless internet service and systems
- Work closely with the development teams to identify and resolve hardware and software defects
- Test system reliability, scalability, load and throughput
- Summarize test results and clearly communicate release status
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or other related discipline
- Former coops or internships in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Python, Networking, Bash.
- Experience with source control and defect tracking systems (Github, Jira, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus Points if...
- Proficiency with Linux systems.
- Experience designing and implementing an automated system test suite or harness
- Inclination to tinker with electronics, e.g. Raspberry PI, custom Android ROMs, etc.
- Experience with electronics and related test equipment (e.g. Oscilloscope)
- Experience with RF systems concepts and related test equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer)
- Knowledge of IEEE 802.11n/ac/ad, 3G/4G/5G wireless communications standards and protocols
- Experience with wireless communications protocols and analysis via Wireshark or equivalent
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.