Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Thisrole is responsible for overseeing import and export transactions, including managing the relationship with customs brokers, freight forwarders, and suppliers on all matters pertaining to inbound shipments, compliance and import/export regulations. The Logistics Specialist will perform duties related to documentation preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods through Customs and affect timely delivery from global points of origin.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and coordinate with freight forwarders, U.S. Customs brokers and government agencies to facilitate clearance procedures and resolve any problems that may arise for import, export and foreign to foreign transactions. Manage all international licenses for the importation and exportation of products
- Responsible for meeting compliance requirements for each proposed export, import and re-export transaction to ensure that each proposed transaction complies with applicable licensing requirements under export control laws and regulations
- Plan, prepare and process export and import activities. Effectively coordinate the process with suppliers, foreign entities and government agencies on the movement of product imported into the U.S. as well as exported from the U.S
- Maintain HTS and ECCN classification data and system integrity within the ERP system working in collaboration with Supply Chain team
- Responsible for import/export record keeping and brokerage audit
- Develop and maintain trade compliance KPI’s (Import & Export) with manager
- Monitor and advise the appropriate staff members on revisions/changes to export control laws and regulations, and the Import/Export Compliance Program
- Supply appropriate routing instructions to new vendors based on company criteria for handling domestic and international freight
- Support negotiation of freight costs with vendors, control & monitor freight, and ensure cost controls & approval routes are in place and effective
- Review/analyze/audit carrier freight bills to ensure they are correct and coded properly for accounting prior to approving
- Process domestic parcel shipments as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of progressive upward experience in import/exports and logistics functions
- Basic understanding of Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS codes) and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in U.S. export/import regulations
- AES Direct filing experience required
- Experience navigating customs issues in the U.S.
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Shipping experience required from creating commercial invoice to prepare air way bills for main parcel couriers DHL Express, UPS Worldwide and Fedex
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.