Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
The NPI Buyer will be responsible for planning, sourcing and procurement activities supporting rapid new product development, the transition to volume production, and the hand-off to external contract manufacturers. This position is primarily responsible for purchasing electronic components, PCBs, and PCBAs, and will also support externally sourced equipment, parts and accessories for deployment operations, focusing on on-time delivery, quality, service and cost.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the procurement and sourcing of electronic components to support quick turn builds for Engineering and new product introduction (NPI) builds with Contract Manufacturers
- Represent supply chain on cross functional new product development teams through all phases of Product Development. Plan, buy and monitor materials to support engineering projects and secure pipeline to support production at product release
- Support NPI Development Programs, including costing updates and attainment of design-to-cost objectives for applicable programs
- Lead all communications with quick-turn PCB and PCBA suppliers, including RFQ, DFM review, price negotiation, PO placement and follow-up on commercial, delivery or quality issues
- Issue RFQs to suppliers in early development phases to establish program material costs. Track and communicate program material costs from design through NPI to production release
- Maintain sound professional relationships with suppliers. Resolve issues (e.g. pricing, quality, timing, claims, contract disputes, etc.) associated with terms and conditions of service agreements
- Track delivery status for all open purchase orders and convey information to requestors. Proactively follow-up with supplier and communicate status to stakeholders. Expedite orders as required
- Support Deployment Operations in the procurement of equipment, parts and accessories or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets to meet company objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Business, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required
- 3+ years of technical procurement experience with printed circuit board assemblies, electronic components, and PCBs
- Must have hands-on experience working with an ERP System; NetSuite user experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong purchasing skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced and demanding environment
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.