We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your ideas. Our team is hard working, fast and collaborative and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to work with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with some incredibly talented people.
As Starry’s Secaucus Office Manager, you’ll play an essential role in shaping the feel of our daily operations. Working directly with the New York General Manager, you will assist with the daily activities of the warehouse. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self starter who has a particular attention to detail, is keen on multitasking, and likes to keep things clean and orderly. Flexibility is required for occasional company or client events.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available, and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Set up our new hires: arrange their seating space, outfit them in Starry gear, and get them situated with their hardware and with our corporate Human Resources
- Assist with scheduling interviews and greeting candidates
- Facilitate weekly meals
- Maintain inventory for kitchen, supply cabinets, and print areas
- Greet visitors, offer refreshments, and alert appropriate co-workers of their arrival
- Work with building Superintendent to maintain and enforce city and building safety regulations (i.e. fire codes, evacuation plans, etc.) and coordinate deliveries.
- Assist as needed with shipping and receiving logistics, including incoming mail and packages
- Work with building management and external vendors to provide facilities services and installations
- Coordinate the ordering, storage, and distribution of safety gear and equipment for office, technicians, and vehicles. Track these items with extra care and keep meticulous records.
- Work with HR and managers to schedule and execute safety trainings
- Strategize about how to make the most of storage space resources and how to divide these between teams with competing interests. In some cases act as a liaison between these teams and their managers.
- Order and assemble office furniture and storage shelving, etc.
- Various administrative tasks such as local fleet management
- Help coordinate both in-office and off-site events & gatherings
- Coordinate with Manhattan Office Manager to keep both offices working smoothly in tandem
- Support the New York General Manager
- Special projects as necessary
- 3-5 years of facilities and office management experience in a very busy office
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Ability to bustle about, bend, squat and lift up to 30 pounds
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Bonus Points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth start-up
- You’re experienced in office moves
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
Note: Starry's Secaucus, NJ location is not accessible via public transit and candidates will need to provide their own mode of transportation. Nearest hub is Secaucus Junction which is 2.4 miles away.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.