Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, simple user experience, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we're looking for:
As Customer Success Manager (CSM), you will help launch and grow Starry Internet service with our Property and Rooftop management partners. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for building relationships and increasing expansion of Starry Internet serving sites (Vertical Assets). You will serve as the point-of-contact for property owners and rooftop management companies, establish, document and maintain the Vertical Asset property access database, working with Sales on renewal of contracts for properties, and represent Starry in meetings, social functions, or in the community. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining lasting relationships with the rooftop property managers that will be conducive to the ongoing expansion of Starry Internet services.
What you’ll do:
- Represent Starry to Property and rooftop management partners and be the single point-of-contact to serve the relationship
- Bridge the Sales relationship and the VA Deployment teams to drive excellent build out and roll out of Starry Internet Vertical Asset buildings
- Achieve and exceed assigned expansion objectives, in the stipulated time frame
- Driving Rooftop management contacts engagement and investment in our rollout growth phases
- Provide exemplary customer service in order to build and maintain strong relationships between property owners and rooftop management companies that will result in expanding Starry service footprint.
- Renew expiring rooftop service agreements
- Act as a dedicated resource for all Vertical Asset related escalation
- Maintain accurate rooftop contracts and deployment activity records
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5 years minimum experience as a CSM working with property managers and rooftop management companies and Sales
- Hands-on experience in negotiating and closing rooftop agreements with property managers
- Single point-of-contact for escalation and resolving issues associated with rooftop contracts and access permission for field maintenance and installation activities
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing the details
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an fast-pace network deployment organization
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Bonus points if..
- You have experience working with rooftop management companies, multi-dwelling unit (MDU) residential customers, property management and/or real estate industry
- You have a demonstrated ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
- You have a real passion for Starry’s business
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.