Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a B2B Marketing Manager for our Greater Los Angeles market. You will be leading initiatives to drive awareness and relationships for Starry with real estate and community decision makers. Our ideal candidate will be a dynamic and results-oriented individual who can work collaboratively with the Sales team to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Marketing Director in Los Angeles, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the growth of Starry Internet throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, analytical, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness, in addition to forging valuable relationships in the real estate and local communities
A Problem Solver: can identify opportunities through information, data, and insights
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
- Manage B2B marketing strategies and tactics for our Los Angeles market
- Identify and lead local B2B marketing events- hosted and sponsored
- Cultivate local partnerships with key real estate decision makers
- Identify local advertising & sponsorship opportunities to raise brand awareness
- Optimize B2B marketing programs with a focus on measurable performance
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs
- BA or BS degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Performance oriented B2B marketing background
- Analytical problem solving mindset
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Experience with a high growth startup
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have a sense of humor
- You have knowledge or relationships in the real estate space
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.