Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager for our Greater Los Angeles market. You’ll be acquiring new subscribers through local marketing channels as well as marketing to our existing subscriber base. Our ideal candidate will enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Marketing Director in LA, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet throughout the Greater Los Angeles Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Positive: sunny outlook and full of enthusiasm for events and people
Communicator: able to speak and write effectively and with recognition of timeliness
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
A Problem Solver: can identify opportunities through information, data, and insights
- Manage the day to day subscriber acquisition activities for our LA market
- Manage our local partnerships to enhance offer and drive subscribers
- Identify and support our local field marketing events
- Manage relationships with local publications, press and agencies
- Design and manage subscriber marketing program
- Optimize hyper-local marketing programs with a focus on measurable performance
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs
- BA or BS degree required
- 4-6 years of relevant experience
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
- Analytical problem solving mindset
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Experience with a high growth startup
- A creative and innovative outlook on business growth
Bonus points if...
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You have a sense of humor
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.