Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Coordinator for the Greater Los Angeles Area. You will be tasked in helping coordinate and execute Starry’s local marketing efforts. You should enjoy working collaboratively with other teams, including Sales and Creative, to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the local Marketing Director, you will contribute to the success of the Starry brand by providing support to the Los Angeles marketing team. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, well spoken and eager to learn.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and execute field acquisition events
- Assist with program management and coordination
- Represent Starry and sign up subscribers at marketing events
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Support ongoing initiatives to foster a community, convert and engage new subscribers
- Assist with reporting, and post-event communication for all local marketing efforts
- Utilize local social media, including Facebook and new channels
- BA or BS degree required
- 1-3 years experience
- Positive outlook and ability to hustle
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with potential customers face to face
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Strong analytical and problem solving mindset
- Passion and enthusiasm for events and people
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.