Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we’re looking for:
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of a startup
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with multiple personality types
Quick: whip smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go, you know hustle
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and details
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Full-cycle recruiting across all of our departments, including sourcing and screening
- Maintain recruiting metrics for and ownership of your assigned roles
- Provide timely communication to candidates and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Research, demo, and assess new and innovative recruiting practices to maintain proactive talent pipelines
- Help to develop Starry’s employer brand across multiple online resources
- Build new and expand existing strategic relationships with university partners
- Strategize and plan for upcoming and new events including career fairs, special events, and meetups
- Identify recruiting process improvements to scale to hiring needs
- Plan and coordinate with other team members and departments: travel, event preparation, and on-boarding
- 3+ years of technical recruiting experience with at least 1 year of experience working in an in-house environment
- Strong understanding of networking and wifi
- Experience within a high-growth, quickly scaling company
- Advanced social media and recruiting sourcing tools (i.e. LinkedIn, Handshake, Facebook, and GitHub), bonus points for opening our eyes to creative new sourcing avenues!
- Comfortable with occasional travel to recruiting events
- Experience with Greenhouse ATS
- Functional understanding of back end and front end software development
- Experience in the telecom industry
- You’re dogged in your pursuit to unearth hard to find candidates
- You exhibit tenacity by shaking off rejection and remaining focused and determined
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You’ve worked with Google suite
- You have a sense of humor
- You have an affinity for office botany
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Note: Starry's Secaucus, NJ location is not accessible via public transit and candidates will need to provide their own mode of transportation. Nearest hub is Secaucus Junction which is 2.4 miles away.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.