Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
What you’ll do:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Director for the Washington, D.C. market. In this position, you will drive the success of our brand by building and scaling Starry’s local marketing efforts. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the approach to marketing in the Washington, D.C. market from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and execute Starry’s local marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships
- Drive accountability with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results.
- Oversee and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs with teams.
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Develop plan to acquire new customers/subscribers in the Washington, D.C. market through local channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Drive ongoing initiatives to foster a community, convert and engage new subscribers
- Develop and implement a robust marketing plan for opening new Beam Zones
- Oversee management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts
- Adapt national marketing programs to ensure success at a local level
- Manage local social media, including Facebook and new channels
- BA or BS degree required
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Experience managing a marketing team
- Field and event marketing background
- Experience with acquisition marketing and demand gen
- Performance oriented marketing background
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team, and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
Bonus points if:
- You have enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.