We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. You will be one of the first sales professionals helping to launch Starry’s service in New York City. Your work will be highly visible and you will have a major impact on the company’s success in 2019. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded. You’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth including training, mentorship, and one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
What you'll do:
This is a customer-facing role with a clear focus on achieving results and generating revenue. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales and business objectives
- Prospect building owners, property managers, and developers; understand their businesses and work towards building meaningful partnerships
- Develop partnership level relationships with real estate executives
- Communicate progress and results with sales leadership through Salesforce
- Negotiate and manage contracts
- Generate new leads with targeted multi-dwelling units through various prospecting activities including cold calling, customer referrals, and partner relationships
- Conduct presentations to property owners, managers, and developers
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Who we’re looking for:
Results-driven: enjoy setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy, and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve; always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
- 5 years of consultative sales experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve goals on a consistent basis
- Excellent listening and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing detail
- Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization
Bonus points for:
- Experience selling into the Multi-Dwelling Unit, Property Management or Real Estate industry
- Demonstrated ability to navigate the ambiguity inherent in the early stage development of products and services as well as a rapidly changing digital landscape
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage, free gym, private shower facilities, coffee shop, smoothie bar, and cafeteria in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.