Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Starry is looking for an VA Engineer to join the Vertical Assets Deployment team. Our ideal candidate will support the team’s assigned projects as well as the following tasks: correspondence, tracking project deliverables, dates and monitoring deadlines, and providing regular and timely reports highlighting variances as they arise.
Who You Are:
- Develop engineering drawings and renderings to specify details/component level design for vertical assets site build outs
- Perform audits of existing vertical asset sites and develop enhanced engineering designs to meet company and industry construction standards
- You have great judgment and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- You have an extraordinary and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- You have established organizational and time management skills and regimens
- You have a strong bias for action, and sense of pace and urgency
- You ensure work is completed in the expected timelines and have a proven track record of delivering on or exceeding goals
- You’re extremely process oriented and love using your organizing skills to help teams run more efficiently
What You’ll Do:
- Manage New Site Build Designs & Site Modifications.
- Update necessary tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with complete accuracy, including third party management systems
- Manage third party fiber providers from sales order thru activation. Include site design, construction, installation, Cross Connects, and turn up.
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for projects and programs; continue to monitor for integrity and completeness
- Manage third party A&E vendors for design walks
- Review engineering drawings for accuracy
- Create Scope of Work Documents for internal and external teams
- Review construction bids from approved vendors
- Site visits for Site Design, Meet me Point Walks, Pre-Construction visits, verify recent installations, and oversee external vendors, Contractors, and Starry Crews
- Manage Site Turnup Procedures to ensure site Launch meets Network Standards and site installation conforms with Site IDP and Installation design.
- Memorialize all project tracking metrics (budget, timelines, vendor performance)
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Two (2) to four (4) years prior experience working as a project coordinator/assistant project manager
- Knowledge of construction services (ordering and installation): Telco, power, fiber, basic construction, permitting, vendor equipment requirements, antennas and grounding
- Experience in a fast growth, high volume, startup environment
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills a bonus
- Telecommunications/wireless project management skills a plus
- Real passion for Starry’s business
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered meals on a weekly basis
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.