We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and grow your skill sets. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative, and we encourage independence. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be hands on with all full cycle Accounts Payable functions. The primary responsibilities for this role will focus on invoice and expense report processing for our continuously expanding organization. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. The AP Specialist will also be able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
What you’ll do:
- Review vendor invoices and check requests for accuracy, proper approval, and appropriate documentation prior to entry into accounting system
- Process invoices for inventory and non-inventory expenses
- Reconcile AP with vendor statement to ensure the proper AP records
- Maintain valid and accurate vendor database and AP records
- Work closely with finance and procurement teams to ensure accurate processing
- Responsible for accurate and timely execution of monthly AP close
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Communicate in a professional manner with external vendors or Starry’s employees regarding invoice status and payment matters; perform necessary research and resolution of disputed items
- Assist with filing and organization of AP records
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
- Always provide excellent customer service
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- At least 1 year of Accounts Payable experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, and corporate procedures
- Must be extremely accurate and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently and on a team with emphasis on accuracy and timelines
- Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability to analyze processes and suggest/implement continuous improvements
- Flexibility and ability to quickly adapt to changes resulting from a dynamic and growing business environment
- Positive attitude, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate or advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite or Oracle preferred
- Strong organizational skills
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks on Friday during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.