Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a part-time Field Sales Associate, focused exclusively on outdoor canvassing efforts. Working with sales and marketing, you’ll be responsible for acquiring new Starry subscribers and engaging with residents and property owners of buildings around the city. You’ll enjoy being in front of customers and sharing our brand mission while in the field. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, outgoing, personable and well spoken. This role requires creativity, hustle, and grit.
Work schedules can be made to accommodate classes or other commitments. The position is part time and includes evenings and weekends.
A great FSA is:
Results-driven: Enjoys setting challenges and smashing through them; has demonstrated success in previous endeavors
Autonomous: self-motivated, scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Emotionally intelligent: empathetic; strong communicator; genuinely interested in human behavior; enjoys collaborating with a team
Curious: embraces all opportunities to learn from peers and mentors, always looking for ways to do something better
Creative: energized by new problems to solve, always coming up with new ideas and looking for ways to implement them
What you’ll do:
- Proactively canvass and qualify targeted buildings
- Create excitement and interest in Starry with both residents and decision-makers
- Generate and qualify new leads to move forward in the sales process
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly activity targets
- Manage and track all lead generation and qualification activities
- Work closely with Marketing to create and improve field sales marketing materials
- Create a unique and on-brand experience to increase brand awareness
- Communicate success stories, key learning’s and other activities to Marketing team
- Generate awareness through postering and creative guerilla marketing approaches
1-2+ years of previous field sales, canvassing, or door to door sales experience
Team oriented and willing to assist with outdoor marketing and sales initiatives
Positive, upbeat personality with no fear of talking to strangers
Self-motivated, goal oriented, and problem-solving mentality
Eager to guide consumer decision making, close sales, and help bring Starry to new customers
1-2 years of customer facing and/or canvassing experience
Political campaigning experience
Knowledge and understanding of Boston neighborhoods and surrounding communities
Willingness to work weekday mornings, evenings, and weekends
Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as bustling about, standing, bending, and sitting for the duration of your shift
Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.