We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Who we're looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy Project Manager who will excel in helping to redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for driving our technical infrastructure projects by leveraging your knowledge of formal project management methodologies.
What you'll do:
You will help project teams achieve success on delivering large scale initiatives. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder expectations and gathering project requirements from parties both inside and outside of the company. Our ideal candidate also has experience in creating and executing project plans, cost and ROI models, defining and controlling project scope, as well as formulating and tracking project schedules.
- Execute and maintain project management processes in the areas of project schedule, quality management, communications management, risk/issue management, and change management
- Develop and maintain project schedules, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, cost, ROI, IRR, and calendars with the input and assistance of technical leads
- Facilitate team meetings, providing meeting minutes and action items where needed
- Build strong communication channels with internal stakeholders in various departments: Engineering, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Business Development
- Track tasks assigned to the project team and prepare regular status reports
- Responsible for tracking project changes and producing updated schedules
- Influence continuous improvement of project management methodologies including: assessment of project delivery capabilities, gathering and reporting performance metrics, establishing corresponding targets, and measurement of on-going progress
- Identify and manage interdependencies between applications, platforms, services, and environments
- Ensure smooth communication within the project team and other cross-functional teams
- Interface with external stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a project management role
- Technology expertise: telecommunications, infrastructure cabling, wireless, Layer 2 and 3 technologies, Ethernet, IP Transit, Wi-Fi, structure, and building architecture
- Experience in process and implementation management in a technology company
- Strong communicator and influencer with a track record of delivering on-time concurrent projects
- Experience with Google Suite
- MUST be hands-on and able to roll up their sleeves
Bonus points for:
- Experience with JIRA, Looker, and SalesForce
- Prior customer-facing experience is highly desired
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- PMI certification a plus, Scrum Master certification desired
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.