Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions.
What you’ll do:
- Execution of advanced spatial analytics with large scale raster and vector datasets
- Efficient retrieval, integration, and storage of tabular and geospatial data manually and using APIs/other automated methods
- Automation of workflows for programmatic maintenance and evaluation of datasets (validation and QA)
- Development of geospatial processing tools (PostGIS, Python, QGIS)
- Creation of cartographic products for stakeholders
- Identification of valuable GIS data sources through exhaustive research - including address & property data
- Proficiency in Python, SQL
- Experience designing and administering spatial databases (PostGIS)
- Experience with migration of legacy datasets to GIS environment
- Demonstrated interest in quantitative geographic analysis
- Ability to work with open source software (QGIS, GRASS, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- 2+ years of relevant GIS related professional experience
- Experience with optimization and least cost algorithmic solutions
- Familiarity with urban planning, land use permitting/zoning, property valuation
- Familiarity with demographic data sources (Census, American Housing Survey, American Community Survey, American FactFinder, TIGER)
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.