We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
What you’ll do:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Director for the Washington, D.C. market. In this position, you will drive the success of our brand by building and scaling Starry’s local marketing efforts. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the approach to marketing in the Washington, D.C. market from budget to execution to team management.
- Lead and execute Starry’s local marketing from subscriber acquisition programs, field programs, ambassador programs to local events and marketing partnerships
- Drive accountability with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results.
- Oversee and optimize local marketing programs with focus on measurable performance
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs with teams.
- Oversee brand integrity across local marketing channels, ensuring that all creative communications meet brand guidelines (as expressed visually, verbally, tonally and behaviorally)
- Develop plan to acquire new customers/subscribers in the Washington, D.C. market through local channels and oversee the execution of local marketing activities from partnerships, grassroots marketing, to new media content and local influencer marketing
- Drive ongoing initiatives to foster a community, convert and engage new subscribers
- Develop and implement a robust marketing plan for opening new Beam Zones
- Oversee management, reporting, and post-initiative communication for all local marketing efforts
- Adapt national marketing programs to ensure success at a local level
- Manage local social media, including Facebook and new channels
- BA or BS degree required
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Field and event marketing background
- Performance oriented marketing background
- Experience with data analytics and how to effectively apply learning to improve performance
- Deep understanding of web-based data and metrics with a track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team, and partners
- Ability to influence and manage multiple teams with excitement to reach milestones
Bonus points if:
- You have enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.