Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a tech-savvy and highly disciplined Site Acquisition Project Manager who wants to help us redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for driving our vertical asset acquisition by leveraging your knowledge of wireless site design, acquisition, permitting and zoning.
Reporting to the Director of Vertical Assets, the Site Acquisition PM is required to have a working knowledge and experience working on wireless telecommunications projects including, but not limited to, site selection, lease negotiations with property owners and/or managers to secure and finalize entry & testing agreements, license and lease agreements, amendments to existing agreements, and SNDA's, as well as coordinating environmental, regulatory and municipal approvals.
What you’ll do:
- Canvass and scrub issued search rings, including identifying suitable parcels and reviewing and analyzing zoning and permitting requirements
- Prepare and submit site candidate information packages,landlord and tower company applications
- Coordinate and interact with RF engineering, real estate, zoning, and construction departments
- Procure and analyze zoning maps, tax maps, deeds, titles and other documentation for approved properties
- Coordinate, schedule and attend site visits
- Work closely with the RF Planning, GIS, Construction, and Deployment teams
- Negotiate lease terms with landlords and procure landlord signatures on lease agreements
- Obtain landlord approval on construction drawings and zoning/permit applications
- Complete and submit applications for zoning and building permits to applicable jurisdictions
- Attend and present at community meetings, client meetings, and testify at zoning hearings when required
- Leverage established playbooks and also create new ones
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a technical discipline, with equivalent practical experience
- 5-7 years minimum experience in leading multiple concurrent highly visible projects, delivering hands-on vertical asset acquisition, and telecommunications/wireless networks
- Basic knowledge of outdoor telco construction requirements in relation to permitting and zoning
- Familiarity with RF propagation and as it pertains to site design e.g. line of sight (LOS), near field obstructions, optimal radio location, etc.
- Demonstrated experience identifying process bottlenecks, and developing, improving, and documenting critical processes with clear ownership
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to a Management Team
- A proven track record of delivering aggressive deadlines on time and on budget
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, or occasional need to climb ladders or stairs, and be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- You have prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, and residential rooftops
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- You hold PMP certification
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.