We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative, and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
About the role:
We’re looking for an incredible Copywriter & Content Creator to join our growing creative team. In this position, you’ll concept, write and help produce all manner of content for our social channels, from simple tweets to conceptual videos to fully-featured social campaigns. You’ll be able to distill the incredibly complex, boundary pushing technology our engineers are developing into 280 engaging characters and thumb-stopping images. You’ll be eager to collaborate across every part of the company (product design, engineering, HR, marketing, etc) to represent who we are and grow our followings on our social channels. You’ll be fluent in internet and ready to keep us up to the minute with everything that’s happening out there, from new apps to emerging internet artists to the really good jokes we probably ought to know.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for strategic campaign planning and copy development across our social platforms
- Partner with art Directors/Designers to concept, write and produce social content that evolves and elevates the Starry brand voice and personality
- Create and manage a calendar of posts across platforms
- Concept and create new ways to grow our follower count and increase social engagement, including paid and non-paid posts
- Conduct regular meetings with stakeholders across the company to learn about the latest developments and develop fun and engaging ways to tell the world about it
- Identify emerging social trends and platforms and help adapt Starry’s voice to each of them
- Actively monitor social channels and be ready to engage with followers
- Work independently while meeting deadlines and staying within budget and time constraints
- Develop and write a variety of advertising and marketing materials — video content, OOH, print ads, banner ads, matchbooks, whatever. If it can be written, you’ll make it interesting and keep it on-brand
- Work closely with our support team to create a better overall customer experience
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years experience at an agency or other creative/marketing area
- You have experience running a brand’s social account, including generating regular daily, weekly and quarterly content, responding to cultural events as they happen and owning the handles directly
- You’re very familiar with and comfortable working in Airtable, Hootsuite or comparable social management platforms
- You’re detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and respond quickly to shifting priorities
- You love the internet
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage, free gym, private shower facilities, coffee shop, smoothie bar, and cafeteria in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.