We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to make an impact from the beginning. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own schedule and the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. The team is tightly-knit and collaborative, and you’ll have numerous opportunities for personal growth, including training, mentorship, and even one-on-one problem-solving sessions. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our team in Boston to focus on driving subscriber acquisition. This role will work collaboratively with other teams including Sales, Creative, and Subscriber Services to ensure business objectives are met.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Marketing in Boston, you will contribute to the success of our brand by driving the adoption of Starry Internet in existing buildings as well as building a community of enthusiastic Starry users throughout the Greater Boston Area. Our ideal candidate is a positive, self-starter who is confident, creative and well spoken.
What You’ll Do:
- Own post-launch acquisition channel including: event, influencer, partnership, and community marketing
- Develop and manage local partnerships to enhance offering and drive subscribers
- Identify and execute local field marketing events
- Build relationships with local publications/press and influencers
- Optimize hyper-local community based marketing programs with focus on performance
- Work with internal teams and external vendors to achieve results
- Implement test and learn methodologies across all programs with teams
- Manage and execute local referral-based acquisition program
- BA or BS degree required
- 3-5 years experience
- Performance oriented field and/or local marketing background
- Positive outlook and ability to hustle
- Management experience
- Advanced organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact with potential customers face-to-face
- Ability to communicate effectively to business stakeholders, team and partners
- Passion and enthusiasm for events and people
- Enthusiasm for new technology and the internet space
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.