We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is looking for a Vertical Assets Project Coordinator who will help us redefine how users access the internet. You will be responsible for tracking and reporting of all facets of the deployment and operations of our Radio Access Network vertical assets.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager of Vertical Assets, you will provide continued management and support for the design, acquisition, and deployment of RAN Vertical Assets in support of building Starry’s network and internet services. The Vertical Assets Project Coordinator will be responsible for the tracking of project milestones, site & job setup, purchase order tracking, drive approval flows, manage BOM processing, and coordinate with subcontractors and supply vendors. We are looking for a impeccably organized individual with great excel skills that thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position supports the overall success of a market or project team by performing various administrative tasks associated with the project.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate project schedules and reports
- Manage project tracking system(s) to ensure that project and/or program status is maintained with accuracy, including third party systems
- Create and distribute correspondence/bulletins relevant to the team, project or program (internal and external)
- Develop and maintain accurate and complete files for projects and programs and continually monitors and audits files
- Maintain various internal databases
- Provide ad hoc reports as necessary
- Manage subcontractor procurement process by initiating purchase requests and tracking approval flows
- Perform non-routine analytical tasks in one or more business support functions
- Maintain financial database, analyze data, develop reports and manage accounting activities
- Assistance with special projects as needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years in a professional setting with project coordination and/or administration experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access), in addition to other Business Operations skills
- Ability to learn a variety of tracking and project management software (Siterra, OneVision, Site Tacker, FST, GEC, etc)
- Basic knowledge of wireless site development, telco and network deployment and construction
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement
- Excellent communication, documentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing, tracking and communicating progress and key performance indicators (KPIs) to a Management Team
- Proven track record of delivering strict deadlines within budget
- Extraordinary ability to multitask
- Excellent analytical and data-based decision-making skills
- Ability to meet physical requirements of the position such as standing, bending, or occasional need to climb ladders or stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience developing greenfield and growth sites for major telco carriers in multiple environments - towers, commercial rooftops, and residential rooftops
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
We work hard, so we take care of our team members and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.