Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things —first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, with incredible ambition to build new markets, and new products and services. At Starry, autonomy and creativity are rewarded; you’ll have control of your own time and the opportunity to develop your ideas and initiatives. Our team is tightly-knit, highly collaborative, and very driven. We value each other’s contributions and we don’t hire jerks.
Who we’re looking for:
Starry is seeking a Deployment Coordinator to join our growing team. You will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of both internal resources, contractors who perform day-to-day network deployment work for Starry as well as the purchasing process for deployment and delivery supplies. This leadership role is critical to Starry’s overall success in getting work done
professionally, cost effectively, and in a timely manner. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing various aspects of the deployment process for a telecommunications company in a large metropolitan environment. Experience with vertical asset construction, building wiring and project management is preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Site Surveys for all company sites, commercial and residential
Secure all permits and coordinate construction drawings when needed
- Prepare all building drawings as needed
- Be the lead for supply chain orders and forecasting
- Schedule with building owners and operational personnel all construction scheduled installs
- Coordinating overall construction/deployment schedule between both delivery and deployment
- Ensure Starry is getting cost effective, quality work performed by all contractors. This will involve ensuring a competitive job assignment process is established involving bids or other means to ensure desired cost management results are achieved.
- You will be responsible for selecting contractors via a thorough, rigorous interviewing process.
- Maintain and track all construction jobs for vertical assets and MDU builds performed by contractors and Starry personnel
- Working with Starry’s QA team, you will ensure that each construction job is done in a timely fashion and is ready to be placed into operation
- Collaborate with the Director of Delivery and Deployment to purchase and order all items needed to construct a site
- Work closely with Starry’s Manager of Construction to ensure there is a well-defined line of demarcation between work assigned to in-house employees versus work assigned to an external contractor.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Experience with wireless system deployment (PMP, PTP, mobile), preferably in deploying greenfield networks
- Prior experience managing wiring contractors in a metropolitan environment, especially Denver
- Understanding of telecommunications work environments, including a thorough understanding of the local building permitting processes and compliance with national and local electrical codes
- Hands-on experience with in all aspects of building wiring, including the placement of vertical wireless assets
- Comfortable working in a small team or startup, and sometimes ambiguous or fluid environments
- Experience with Site Tracker application
- Understanding of RF build and design steps
- Project management training and/or certification
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Snacks always on hand
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.