We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing the way people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things. First, we’re making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, we’re bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
Who we're looking for:
As the Sales Operations Specialist, you will work closely with Starry’s Director of Sales to provide strategic input on process improvement and the tactical development of sales operations. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the sales process including on-boarding, training, Salesforce and all operational activities for the Sales team.
What you'll do:
- Manage the relationship with key stakeholders from the Marketing, Legal, Finance, Network Deployment, Network Design, National Sales, and Data/GIS teams on behalf of sales operations to develop operational solutions and best practices
- Responsible for ensuring accurate commission tracking and calculation in collaboration with Finance
- Actively identify the most effective, scalable opportunities to address issues and opportunities; translate into actionable goals with supporting activities for each
- Develop and implement sales strategies to maximize Salesforce CRM effectiveness across the sales organization
- Collaborate with the Director of Sales in making data driven decisions to drive sales team efficiency
- Manage inbound sales leads and territory assignments
- Create dashboards and provide real-time reports to provide visibility into the sales pipeline and track quotas, leaderboards, and contests
- Lead the development and documentation of best practices, sales tools, and training and keep the sales team updated on any new processes and procedures
- Train and supervise outside sales contractor team
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional projects in a dynamic environment
- 3-5 years sales operation experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive teamwork
- Excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage, free gym, private shower facilities, coffee shop, smoothie bar, and cafeteria in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.