We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity, and you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative, and we encourage working on personal growth. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Corporate Counsel to join our legal team and work with our General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel. You will report directly to our General Counsel and will be responsible for providing day-to-day legal support and counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing company.
In this position you will wear many hats and work on a variety of legal matters, including but not limited to: drafting, revising, and negotiating commercial and technology contracts; managing outside legal counsel; and ensuring legal conformity to minimize probability of exposure.
We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can effectively juggle multiple projects, and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders to effectively collaborate on legal and business issues.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, review, and negotiate company contracts, requests for proposals, and other legal documents
- Advise business colleagues on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Assist in advising the company on data privacy and security issues
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Member in good standing to a State bar
- 2+ years of applicable transactional/corporate legal experience; law firm experience required, with an emphasis on commercial law and technology preferred
- Demonstrated academic and professional excellence
- Sound judgement
- Commitment to highest ethical standards
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to assess and resolve legal issues
- Comfortable in a fast-paced work environment requiring flexibility and creativity in problem solving and risk assessment
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We offer:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Life insurance and short & long term disability insurances with no employee contribution required
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.