We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Why you'll love working here:
Starry is a fast-growing company, and working here you’ll be able to see your direct impact. At Starry, we reward autonomy and creativity; you’ll have the opportunity to develop your creative ideas. Our team is hard working, fast, and collaborative. There will be many opportunities to collaborate with other departments and offices, and you’ll be able to interact with incredibly talented people.
As Talent Acquisition Coordinator, you’ll play an essential role in supporting our daily recruiting operations. Our ideal candidate is a positive self starter who’s keen on multitasking. Working directly with our internal recruiters and hiring managers, our preferred candidate is motivated, very reliable, and highly organized. This person will assist with scheduling interviews, phone screens, and reference checks. We’re looking for someone who has a particular attention to detail and thrives in a fast paced environment.
Who we’re looking for:
Organized: strong prioritization skills with an affinity for multitasking and the details
Reliable: responsive, available, and present
Self-motivated: always looking for ways to do something better; forward thinking planner
Autonomous: scrappy and able to deal with the ambiguity typical of an early-stage company
Quick: whip-smart and able to pick up knowledge on-the-go; you know hustle
What you’ll do:
- Communicate with candidates and schedule their phone screens and interviews
- Manage and update candidates in our ATS
- Greet interviewees and get them settled in; ensure that their interview runs smoothly
- Help coordinate (and attend!) both in-office and off-site recruiting events, including career fairs
- Work with internal teams on various promotional items for career fairs and events
- Help to format and proofread job descriptions before they go live
- Post our roles on external job boards, including college boards, trade school boards, etc.
- Track hiring metrics
- Communicate with internal team members
- Help to develop Starry’s employer brand across multiple online resources
- Special projects as necessary
- 1-2 years of recruiting or HR administrative experience (startup preferred)
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail is an absolute must
- Excellent customer service for both internal and external “customers”
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and focus
- Professionalism and polish
Bonus points If..
- Your prior experience includes time spent in a high growth startup
- You have passionate feelings about Starry and our mission
- You’re familiar with applicant tracking systems
- You’ve worked with the Google suite
- You have an affinity for office botany
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks always on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.