We love coming up with huge ideas and figuring out ways to bring them to life. Our team spans RF engineering, hardware architecture, firmware, UX, UI, software, industrial design, marketing, branding, and communications. And one thing we all share is an intense desire to make something beautiful. Something that makes a real dent.
Starry is reinventing how people connect to the internet. Our mission focuses on two things — first, on being an internet service provider committed to simplicity, transparency, and delight, and second, on providing high-speed internet to underserved communities both locally, nationally and globally. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, user experience designed to delight, and a diverse and intellectually curious company culture.
Who we’re looking for:
We are seeking an inspirational leader who will have a significant impact on our growth in the Boston market. The primary responsibility of the Director of Sales is to drive the sales team and business across the market. This role involves leading an existing team of sales and pre-sales people collaborating with Property Management, Property Owners, and Condo Associations to bring Starry Internet into existing and pre-construction buildings.
What you’ll do:
- Sales growth and profitability:
- Assist executive team in the development of the annual sales plan to support the organization strategy and objectives
- Direct implementation and execution of sales strategies, practices and policies
- Partner with sales leadership to develop effective field budgets and territory design
- Organize and drive outreach efforts with home building, facility managers, and property owner organizations
- Review and communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales strategies focused on expanding and identifying areas of opportunity
- Utilization of sales technology:
- Create strategies to leverage customer relationship management (CRM) across the entire sales model, including the inside and outside Salesforce and the sales leadership teams
- Leverage warm leads to maximize conversion to new accounts and orders
- Talent Management:
- Build, develop, and manage sales team capable of delivering our sales and service initiatives
- Drive all deliverables of the field sales roles
- Review and communicate the activity levels of the field sales teams to ensure the proper frequency of field coaching with sales leaders and sales representatives is occurring to maximize customer contact
- Help development of effective compensation plans that drive goal attainment
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of sales concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of sales and sales management experience
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
- Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Catered lunches every Monday & drinks during our monthly company meeting
- Wine, beer, and snacks on hand
- Secure bike storage in the building
- Private shower facilities in our office
- Free gym in the building
- Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.