ASIC Designer for Neuromodulation Implants
Starfish Neuroscience is an early-stage startup advancing the science and engineering of brain interfaces. Basic and clinical neuroscience has shown how targeted modulation of brain activity patterns can create precise changes in physiology, affect, or cognition. We see that this ability can be harnessed to treat a wide range of conditions, from movement disorders to mood disorders and from poor sleep to chronic pain. Our mission is to build the foundational technology for safe, flexible, and reliable neuromodulation and to deploy that technology as precision therapies, easily available to the people who need them.
We hire people who are able to work both independently and collaboratively, who have deep expertise in their domain and broad curiosity and skills beyond, and who have demonstrated technical or professional excellence.
We are seeking an experienced mixed-signal ASIC designer to work on site in our Bellevue, WA office. The ideal candidate will have broad experience bringing chips all the way from concept to product, and will have experience with low-power mixed-signal ASICs for sensors and actuators.
- Designing, developing and testing new ASICs for minimally-invasive implantable devices
- Working with team to select foundry and tools
- Working with foundries to bring devices from concept to tapeout
- Conducting simulations and validate ASIC design through various testing methodologies
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams including hardware, software, and firmware engineers, to ensure seamless integration and testing of ASICs into devices
- Ensuring ASICs meet all design specifications, performance requirements and quality standards
- Working with team to explore and test biocompatible packaging solutions
- Critical thinking, active listening, deductive reasoning
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Proven track record of ASIC design and development
- Strong knowledge of digital and analog circuit design, simulation, and verification
- Experience with ASIC design tools
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and communication skills
- Experience in recruiting, hiring and developing teams and organizations
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn from others
- The ability to successfully work collaboratively in a flat organizational structure
- Able to function as an individual contributor, collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, and work with vendors, contractors and related disciplines
Starfish Neuroscience encourages and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. Consideration will be given to candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, pregnancy, family medical history or genetic information, age, veteran status, family status, or disability status. Starfish is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment and does not tolerate harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities will be provided unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship or present a direct threat. Please contact us to request accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.