Stardust is powering the Metaverse, an interconnected world of blockchain and NFT enabled games.
We're building the future of gaming - and we don't say that lightly. Think of us as the foundation for Metaverse economies connecting games, finance, the future of work, fashion and more. The infrastructure for Ready Player One if you will. We're developing backend technology to power new gamer-first economies.
As a SaaS, blockchain agnostic, platform – we offer a seamless “low code” integration of NFTs for game studios; and looking for players who think big, build bigger, and want to turn crazy ideas into reality.
Are you ready to play?
Stardust seeks a Corporate Counsel to serve as our primary legal support for legal matters spanning across all teams. You will be the trusted advisor guiding stakeholders on daily issues to huge strategic initiatives.
- Draft and negotiate complex and high-profile agreements with game studios, blockchain partners, vendors, and more
- Draft internal and external legal policies for the company
- Ensure GDPR,CCPA, and other privacy law compliance across company
- Offer counsel on a variety of legal and compliance issues
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company, including SEC and policy changes around NFTs, blockchain, and gaming
- Collaborate with executives to understand any legal risks and or concerns on technology products
- Regularly partner with the Stardust sales team
- Understand laws and regulations around marketplaces and money transfer roles
- Develop the foundation for legal affairs at Stardust
- Work closely with outside legal counsel as needed
- Juris Doctor, admission to the state bar where you reside and strong academic credentials are required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience; with a minimum of 2+ years of experience working in-house, preferably in a startup environment
- Able to provide legal advisory, protection, and services to the company across all businesses in different countries
- Deep contracts and policy experience
- Working knowledge of KYC, AML, and various state MTL requirements
- Prior success establishing and maintaining in-house legal documents systematically
- Strong drafting and legal writing skills; excellent communication (written and verbal), negotiation, interpersonal and analytical skills; and have an ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage competing priorities in a time-sensitive environment
- High cross-functional communication skills across diverse teams and levels
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize tasks and projects
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
- Passion for Web3, blockchain technology, NFTs, and/or gaming
- Licensed to practice in California
PALO ALTO, CA
At Stardust, a wide range of compensation factors determine your personal top of market. Market indicators determine compensation; with consideration to your specific job group, background, skills, and experience, ensure optimal alignment. Your compensation may vary due to these considerations and will also be dependent on your location. The overall market range for roles in this area of Stardust is typically $150,000 - $190,000 in base salary and is in line with our compensation philosophy.