Standard AI has transformed retail as we know it. With the first autonomous retail solution that works in any existing store, we enable customers to walk in, grab what they need, and walk out - without waiting in line or stopping to pay. The company’s computer vision solution is the only one that can be quickly and easily installed in retailers’ existing stores, representing a giant leap forward for retail tech that enables retailers to rapidly deliver amazing new shopping experiences to customers. Standard has launched dozens of stores alongside Circle K, Compass Group, and others and have hundreds more on the way. We’re the most well funded in our space, backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including SoftBank, CRV, Initialized, EQT, Draper Associates, and Y Combinator.
As a Generalist in Applications Engineering at Standard AI, you'll be a Full-stack Engineer responsible for building apps, tools, and interfaces that enable seamless interactions between retailers, shoppers, and internal users. Working closely with backend and data engineers, you'll design and develop Web apps and APIs, collaborating with the product team to create exceptional customer experiences. Join us in shaping the future of retail!
This is a full time role and can be based remotely anywhere within the US on an ongoing basis. Standard AI is a remote first company. We want our employees to have the flexibility to create work habits, locations, and schedules that best fit their lives.
What you'll do here:
- Develop and refine web and mobile applications catering to various user roles.
- Ensure code flexibility, maintainability, and reliability across applications.
- Rapidly iterate and test tools to address user challenges.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enhance system functionality.
- Develop, test, and maintain backend services using Go.
- Implement and maintain stable API contracts.
Who you are:
- 5+ of experience in full-stack development, with a strong emphasis on front-end development using React.
- Proficiency in developing backend services using Go and SQL.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining API contracts.
- Capability to develop logic for complex prioritization queues.
- Bonus points if you have experience in developing UI annotation tools for ML systems or have implemented UI in JS for multimedia (images and video) content management.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an Employment Visa for this position at this time.