Standard AI has transformed retail as we know it. With the first autonomous retail solution that works in any existing store, we enable customers to walk in, grab what they need, and walk out - without waiting in line or stopping to pay. The company’s computer vision solution is the only one that can be quickly and easily installed in retailers’ existing stores, representing a giant leap forward for retail tech that enables retailers to rapidly deliver amazing new shopping experiences to customers. Standard has launched dozens of stores alongside Circle K, Compass Group, and others and have hundreds more on the way. We’re the most well funded in our space, backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including SoftBank, CRV, Initialized, EQT, Draper Associates, and Y Combinator.
As a backend engineer in Applications Engineering at Standard AI, you’ll be a backend engineer responsible for building the interfaces that control our loyalty systems, both existing and new. These interfaces are used by companies all throughout the United States and use a variety of protocols which range from XML over unsecured TCP to JSON over HTTP. You will be able to use the full range of process architectures in Elixir/Erlang to control these interfaces. Your work will have an immediate impact on revenue generation at Standard AI.
This is a full time role and can be based remotely anywhere within the US on an ongoing basis. Standard AI is a remote first company. We want our employees to have the flexibility to create work habits, locations, and schedules that best fit their lives.
What you’ll do here:
- Build and refine integrations to loyalty providers
- Build out robust APIs that are well tested
- Build great documentation for our APIs using OpenApi
- Join a small team of developers that teach and help each other
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a professional development environment
- You have 3+ years of experience with Elixir, Erlang, Go, Rust or another language with an actor model
- You have built APIs that are meant to be consumed by developers outside your company
- You can talk fluently about the actor model in Elixir and have architected solutions that took advantage of Beam processes, Supervisors, and GenServers
- You are committed to the quality of your own code and helping your coworkers reach that same level
- You stand by your own work but can engage in conversations with your colleagues in the code review process
Why you might want to work with us:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision premiums, as well as generous contributions towards dependent premiums.
- An inclusive culture. Employee Resource Groups, DEI focused training and resources, and opportunities for community service and engagement.
- Fertility and family planning assistance provided through Maven Clinic, as well as flexible scheduling to accommodate for childcare needs and generous parental leave policies.
- Flexible Time Off to be used for vacations, sick time and/or mental health days, 12 US Company Holidays plus 2 additional Floating Holidays.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.