Standard AI has transformed retail as we know it. With the first autonomous retail solution that works in any existing store, we enable customers to walk in, grab what they need, and walk out - without waiting in line or stopping to pay. The company’s computer vision solution is the only one that can be quickly and easily installed in retailers’ existing stores, representing a giant leap forward for retail tech that enables retailers to rapidly deliver amazing new shopping experiences to customers. Standard has launched dozens of stores alongside Circle K, Compass Group, and others and have hundreds more on the way. We’re the most well funded in our space, backed by some of Silicon Valley’s leading investors including SoftBank, CRV, Initialized, EQT, Draper Associates, and Y Combinator.
Standard is building a highly scalable and versatile platform-as-a-service architecture. We deploy a variety of algorithms to the cloud in a live-inference setting with high-throughput demands and must do so in a scalable, efficient way for all of our stores. This role is a unique opportunity to work at the cutting edge of building systems and tools that empower machine learning at scale. We're looking for someone passionate about infrastructure development and production engineering to help perfect and scale our system to hundreds of stores. You will design and build high-quality production systems that drive key improvements to our platform-as-a-service architecture. You’ll be working with a group of brilliant and highly skilled engineers. If this sounds like fun, we'd love to hear from you!
This is a full time role and can be based remotely anywhere within the US on an ongoing basis. Standard is a remote first company. We want our employees to have the flexibility to create work habits, locations, and schedules that best fit their lives.
What you'll do here:
Use your product mindset to design, develop, and maintain infrastructure, in particular:
- Design, develop, and maintain secure infrastructure for real-time and on-demand computer vision inference pipelines, backend services, and frontend apps in the cloud.
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure to provide developers with a safe and friction-less development, build and testing environments in the cloud.
- Plan for and optimize our infrastructure for security, scale, usability, and cost.
- Automate infrastructure using configuration-as-code to enable efficient scaling.
- Work closely with other engineering teams to understand needs and help us deliver solutions to our customers.
- Mentor junior engineers and help establish best practices across the organization.
Who you are:
- You have experience building cloud infrastructure as a product that serves its users.
- You have experience with GCP (preferred), AWS, or Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Container platforms: Docker, Kubernetes.
- CI/CD platforms: Jenkins, GCP Cloud Build, Github Actions.
- Orchestration tools: Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Artifact platforms: Nexus, Artifactory.
- Languages: Bash, Python, Go, Rust.
- Message Queues: Pub/Sub, SQS, SNS.
- Configuration management tools: Ansible, Salt.
- Experience with Kubernetes or related automation / orchestration tools.
- Experience with domain driven design and architecting systems that are easy to change.
Optionally, you are also:
- Excellent in solving software design problems and debugging.
- Experienced in building highly available cloud applications.
Why you might want to work with us:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision premiums, as well as generous contributions towards dependent premiums.
- An inclusive culture. Employee Resource Groups, DEI focused training and resources, and opportunities for community service and engagement.
- Fertility and family planning assistance provided through Maven Clinic, as well as flexible scheduling to accommodate for childcare needs and generous parental leave policies.
- Flexible Time Off to be used for vacations, sick time and/or mental health days, 12 US Company Holidays plus 2 additional Floating Holidays.
Standard provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities.