Stairwell empowers organizations with evasion-proof solutions. Stairwell’s pioneering platform provides security teams with automated threat detection and response tools that amplify their operations. Acknowledged by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies of 2023, Fortune 500 companies utilize Stairwell's platform. Stairwell’s team, a collective of security industry veterans and engineers from Google, is backed by renowned investors like Sequoia Capital, Accel, and Gradient Ventures. For more information, visit www.stairwell.com or connect with us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
About the Staff Software Engineer Position
Stairwell seeks a Staff Software Engineer to elevate our technical prowess. Dive into the forefront of innovation with your solid software development and system architecture experience. We value engineers who thrive on complex challenges, crafting optimal solutions, and can bridge the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Success here is for the proactive self-starter, a collaborative team player with a strong foundation in software principles. If you're adaptable, strategic, and keen on developing cutting-edge software in a dynamic environment, we invite you to join Stairwell.
Staff Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Architectural Leadership: Lead the design of major software components, ensuring they are robust, scalable, and integrated well with existing systems.
- End-to-End Software Development: Oversee all aspects from design, development, testing, to deployment. Prioritize quality and continuous improvement throughout the software lifecycle.
- Project Oversight: Utilize your technical expertise to manage project timelines, resources, and task priorities, ensuring deliverables are timely and up to standard.
Staff Software Engineer Qualifications
- Stairwell doesn't believe a college degree is a requirement for any role. We embrace all people, who are able to perform at the highest levels of their field, regardless of how they obtained their education.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Go, Java, or C++
- Curiosity in understanding the security space and how cutting edge technologies can shape it
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
- Working Experience with one or more from the following: systems infrastructure, large-scale database implementation and design, machine learning, search engine ranking, and/or web scale data science
Additional Information: Minimum Salary of $170,000 - $210,000 + equity + benefits.
Stairwell is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We consider all individuals seeking employment, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression or military or Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local law.
To all recruitment agencies: Stairwell does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Stairwell employees or any other organization location. Stairwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.