We’re expanding our team, and we’d love your help!
At Stairwell, we’re working to rewrite the rules of cybersecurity. And we can’t do that without breaking away from the mold. That means that we’re not just looking for those with decades of cybersecurity experience.
We’re looking for those who are passionately curious about solving complex problems. Those who are excited about the work they produce. Those who are ready to step in and create change for the better.
So, even if you feel that you don’t perfectly match the qualifications listed, we want to hear from you. And we’re not just all talk. We want you to enjoy working here, too.
We offer 100% remote work, competitive pay (including stock options), unlimited PTO, subsidized health/dental/vision insurance, a monthly internet stipend, a one-time home office bonus to deck out your work area, company events, team trips, and more.
If we’ve piqued your interest, keep scrolling to see what you’ll be working on if you join the team.
About the Senior Product Designer Position
Stairwell is growing rapidly and it’s time to expand our design team to keep up with the growing needs of the engineering team as well as the rest of the company. At Stairwell we hold design to a higher standard than others. “Don’t make something unless it is both necessary and useful; but if it is both necessary and useful, don’t hesitate to make it beautiful.” Our team is made of some of the best in tech and cybersecurity including Google, Salesforce, Alert Logic, and more. Not long ago, we announced a $45M Series B. Our investors have backed some of the biggest names in tech, including Figma, Zoom, Apple, Stripe, Square, Instagram, and many more.
We’re fully remote across North America (🇺🇸 & 🇨🇦) collaborating via Slack, Meet, Figma, and sometimes email. Every now and then we will get together in person to collaborate on new projects and spend some quality time with each other.
A startup has to strike a balance between moving fast, and building for the long haul. So we're looking for someone who can minimize scope, prioritize ruthlessly, and implement rigorously.
Senior Product Designer Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for driving projects from conception to completion in an environment of autonomy and creativity. And since we’re still a start-up, you’ll have an opportunity to shape not just our product, but our culture.
- Help define our design vision and collaborate with the stakeholders on overall direction of our features and potentially our platform as a whole.
- Work with the engineering team to assure our vision is clear by not only handing off designs but providing context behind the designs.
- Deeply analyze customer and business problems to identify their pain points. You’ll dive into user discovery and research to unearth new, potential, or existing friction points that can be solved.
- Manage our design system to keep our components up to date.
- Help design non-product assets and elements: brand, website, communication, social images, ads, etc.
Senior Product Designer Qualifications:
- Stairwell doesn't believe a college degree is a requirement for any role. We embrace all people, who are able to perform at the highest levels of their field, regardless of how they obtained their education.
- Design is your passion. You're constantly looking to explore what's being how to push the envelope of great design.
- You obsess over the smallest details of the visual, interaction, and experience.
- You ask why and question the status quo.
- You design for growth, constantly scaling yourself and those around you. You see your work as part of a larger system throughout the product and organization. As a result, you design your documentation and design files the same way you approach product design—giving the greatest value to the people you work with.
- You take ownership and you see things through. You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree.
- You enjoy learning new things in your field like exploring 3D, or tinkering with something new like spline, or creating illustrations - even if it’s just a band poster for your friend - but also believe in continuing to master the basics.
- You don’t need heavy direction. You enjoy the grey. You like open-ended problems and thrive in the face of uncertainty – all elements of a startup environment.
- You know how and where to make trade-offs to get in the market to test, learn, and put points on the board.
We’re not building a company, we’re building a team, and the team builds the company.
At the core of Stairwell is a team that truly enjoys working together and mutually supporting each Dweller's growth and development. We are an engineering and product driven company that has high standards for both technical ability and interpersonal skills. We are humbled by the opportunity to help shape the future of cybersecurity and driven to build tools that will empower teams around the world.
Stairwell is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We consider all individuals seeking employment, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression or military or Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with federal, state and local law.
To all recruitment agencies: Stairwell does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Stairwell employees or any other organization location. Stairwell is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.