Stack Sports is a global sports technology company based in Plano, TX with offices in Columbus, OH, San Diego, CA, and Atlanta, GA. From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use league management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. With a wide variety of tools, Stack Sports technologies make the administrative side of organized sports run smoothly so associations, leagues, clubs, coaches, parents, and athletes can have fun and focus on their favorite sport.
We are looking for talented engineers to join our RegattaCentral team to help continue our expansion into the rowing market with new features and services. We have been at the forefront of our industry and sport for over 20 years. This is a critical position focused on providing the hands-on technical expertise required to deliver the next generation of solutions across all applications serving our rowing line of business.
Who You Are
- You have a positive attitude and are eager to learn.
- You are great at following instructions as well as teaching.
- You take pride in your work and will go the extra mile to make sure a job is done right.
- You are always looking for new innovative ways to improve products and services.
- You are able to work well within a team.
- You are located in Columbus, Ohio or have a proven track record of working remote
Skills & Qualifications
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
- Adept with customer interactions and working with our partners directly.
- Ability to translate customer needs into technical requirements and implementing them into the platform.
- 5+ years experience of hands-on application system design and development.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, design patterns, data modeling and schema design.
- Experience with REST APIs and web services.
- Experience with mobile app development including Cordova and/or React Native
- Worked within a scrum team using an Agile development methodology.
- Experience with JUnit or other java unit testing frameworks.
- Familiar with Git, Gitlab, Maven, continuous integration, and automated deployments.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- Background or knowledge in rowing is desirable but not required.
What You'll Do
- Communicate with key clients on technical aspects of the platform.
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- Help align our development best practices with initiatives from other parts of the organization.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations.
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment including ability to work remotely
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Competitive salary plus incentives
- Comprehensive benefit package including Fully Paid Parental Leave
We are unable to offer sponsorships for visas at this time.