Stack Sports is a global sports company based in Plano, TX with offices in San Diego, CA, Torrance, CA, and Atlanta, GA. From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. For 25+ years, our brands business, Student Sports, has been the leader in experiential and content marketing for the grassroots sports space. Through world-class events and original content, we forge lasting relationships between our brand partners and the most influential, impressionable and hard to reach sports families in the country.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
The Stack Sports Finance team is looking for a motivated team member to fill a new Staff Accountant role. This role offers the right candidate a unique opportunity to support both the Accounting and Accounts Payable teams at an innovative and growing sports technology company.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accounting responsibilities:
- Cash reconciliations for over 30 bank accounts
- Maintaining an accurate listing of fixed assets across 12+ locations
- Other balance sheet reconciliations
- Accounts Payable responsibilities:
- Travel tool administrator
- Expense report processing and review
- Monitor all corporate cards (Amex) and help optimize the implementation, tracking and account coding for all corporate credit card expenses across the organization
- Support processing check payments
- Support annual 1099 issuances, for suppliers and customers
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies in a timely and effective manner, communicating well with all team members.
- Support the annual audit
- Support integration of subsidiaries and future acquisitions
- Other duties as assigned
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- EXPERIENCE: 1-3 years of Accounting experience
- Knowledge of Accounting according to US GAAP
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable and 1099 processes
- High-level computer literacy with advanced Excel skills (Lookups, Tables, Complex Formulas)
- Experience with Payable and ERP systems, NetSuite is a plus
- Process improvement and problem-solving
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent administration, organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and varying deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
What We Offer
- Modern and collaborative work environment
- Supportive team members
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Fully paid parental leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a Visa for this role.