Who we are
From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform youth sports organizations by helping other parents and coaches manage them. We allow parents, players, and coaches to focus on the game by developing easy-to-use team management solutions. Our founders and employees wear hats from successful entrepreneurs, loving parents, sports enthusiasts, and community volunteers. Being able to juggle all the essential aspects of life can be challenging for sports parents.
- Play to Win - Strive for greatness every day. Results count.
- Be a Team Player - Commit to collective success. Be anchored in transparency, candor, and respect.
- Own the Solution - Be a problem solver. Embrace the challenge.
- Run in Our Customers' Shoes - Have empathy for our customers and evaluate our performance through their eyes.
Who You Are
- Work directly with a cross-functional SCRUM team, which includes but is not limited to managing transactions, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Make recommendations and have an impact on both the service layer, as well as the user interface and back-end functionality.
- Be responsible for building new features and maintaining a suite of highly available, highly scalable applications for sports and sports customers.
- Comply with Stack Sports Security Policy, best practices for secure software coding
- Comply with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) best practices for handling Payment Card Information and Cardholder Data.
- Document your development work using Jira, documents, diagrams, and flowcharts.
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and familiar patterns and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes.
What You'll Do
- Work on multiple pieces of a feature area or component.
- Work autonomously and make broader contributions to the product.
- Act as a domain and technical leader within your feature team.
- Use your experience with PHP (Laravel/Lumen) to enhance and support REST APIs
- Code front-end user interfaces using your experience with HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Write efficient PostgreSQL queries to collect large amounts of data for reports and quick API responses.
- Maintain code in a repository using your knowledge of version control (e.g., Git, Gitlab)
- Work with a team developing a world-class SAAS payments platform
- Define a robust architecture suitable for integrating product platforms, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks, and creating reusable components.
- Collaborate with peers to brainstorm and discuss technical design solutions.
- Share your knowledge and mentor other engineers on the team.
- Participate in on-call support for internal and external integrating teams.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, and quality assurance teams.
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineering and other stakeholders.
Desired, but not required, skills include:
- Candidates with experience in payments and financial transactions highly desired
- Candidates with expertise in Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- A self-starting person that can learn and grow quickly
- Experience testing PHP applications (TDD, BDD)
- Strong debugging, problem-solving and investigative skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience working with 3rd Party APIs
- Experience designing highly trafficked systems
- Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment, including the ability to work remotely
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Comprehensive benefits package including Fully Paid Parental Leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a visa application for this role.