From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use team management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. Being able to juggle all the important aspects in life can be challenging as sports parents.
Play to Win - Strive for greatness every day. Results count.
Be a Team Player - Commit to collective success. Be anchored in transparency, candor, and respect.
Own the Solution - Be a problem solver. Embrace the challenge.
Run in Our Customers' Shoes - Have empathy for our customers and evaluate our performance through their eyes.
- 5+ years of experience in PHP/Laravel (backend) software development.
- Strong understanding of software engineering practices, especially related to PHP development.
- Experience with full stack development (not required, but helpful).
- Experience with full software development life cycle.
- Up to date with the state of serverless or SOA related technologies.
- Familiar with current trends, emerging technologies, best practices, and modern development practices.
- Proficient with UX principles (not required, but helpful).
- Knowledge of service oriented architectures including messaging, persistence, and storage.
- Knowledge of building RESTful services.
- Capable of collaborating with peers on brainstorms, planning, technical design, and code reviews.
- Degree in CS or engineering preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with managing and writing tests.
- Familiarity with serverless tooling.
- Familiarity with PHP tooling.
- Preferred knowledge with TALL stack, but can be overlooked.
- Strong passion for problem solving and solutioning.
- Familiarity with Scrum or related Agile methodologies.
- Familiarity with Docker.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes (not required, but helpful).
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Fully Paid Parental Leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a visa application for this role