Stack Sports is a global sports company based in Plano, TX with offices in San Diego, CA, Torrance, CA, and Atlanta, GA. From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. For 25+ years, our brands business, Student Sports, has been the leader in experiential and content marketing for the grassroots sports space. Through world-class events and original content, we forge lasting relationships between our brand partners and the most influential, impressionable and hard to reach sports families in the country.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Who you are:
We're looking for a growth-focused leader with experience in youth, high school, and the recruiting process of football to help drive our owned and operated football event brands and properties, including but not limited to, Elite 11 Quarterbacks, The Opening and Final 5. This person thrives in a fast-paced team environment, helping build a strategy for growth, and being a key player on initiatives that include; strategic partnerships, registration-based revenue generation, event operations, marketing via social media, sponsorship and advertising sales, and other operational elements. The ideal candidate is growth-minded, fast-acting and has experience in the youth sports space.
What you'll do:
You’ll work with our Vice President of Events and Operations as well as the Director of Football to enhance Stack Sports’ football brands’ growth strategy. You’ll be involved heavily in the day-to-day of all of Stack Sports’ major event initiatives, including multi-platform audience targeting, event activations and new inventory creation. You’ll play a critical role in operationalizing our go forward digital strategy for multiple lines of business. In addition, you will work closely with our team to help make decisions on where we should invest our resources next. At Stack Sports you have the opportunity to work with a world-class executive team, sports technology and a growing team of people dedicated to increasing participation in sports.
Our perfect hire for this role is a creative, growth-oriented marketer who will:
- Business Unit Growth – Execute the growth strategy for the football business.
- Work with management team and execute a plan to build the football business through new and existing streams of revenue, including premium events, new event platforms, sponsorships and other strategic partnership opportunities.
- Work with new and existing partners to create collaboration opportunities with the goal of driving incremental revenue.
- Utilize football knowledge and network of contacts to gather information across platforms.
- Business Development – Help drive new revenue through various sponsorships, advertising and strategic partnerships, including video and data from events.
- Direct and coordinate sales and marketing functions for the business unit.
- Collaborate with outside sales team to develop and coordinate sales selling cycle and methodology.
- Organize internal ideation process as it pertains to new sales development initiatives.
- Oversee the development of custom sales packages to present to clients.
- Support major and critical developing client accounts, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Account Servicing – Work directly with the Partner Development Manager to ensure team is exceeding expectations with a focus on client satisfaction, contract renewals and up-sell opportunities.
- Football Event Operations – Responsible for execution and contributing toward the overarching strategy of all football events.
- Collaborate with our football operations team to help set the strategy and execute best-in-class experiences for our participants and partners.
- Digital Content – Work closely w/ the Director of Media to ensure the football brand o/o channels are creating and distributing original content to grow our audience & increase engagement, while delivering on all contracted and agreed upon content for partners.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s, a plus) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the football space from youth to collegiate to the professional ranks
- Experience being part of a team with varying functions and priorities
- Knowledge of and strong interest in football event operations, scouting & player development
- Detailed knowledge of football technology is a plus
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated mindset, strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficient client and participant facing communication skills, both oral and written, with experience in communicating to audiences with varying levels of technical understanding
- Dedication to high quality and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs and events
What We Offer
- Modern and collaborative work environment
- Supportive team members
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Fully paid parental leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a Visa for this role.