Stack Sports is a global sports technology company based in Plano, TX with offices in San Diego, CA, Atlanta, GA. From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use league management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. Being able to juggle all the important aspects in life can be difficult as sports parents.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
Who you are:
You’re a digital advertising magician and a Player Coach.
The Director of Advertising and Content Monetization role is a highly visible one with a huge potential impact. The ideal candidate will know how to sell ideas, create awesome opportunities for brands, operate calmly in chaotic environments, exhibit impeccable attention to detail– and do all of this with humility and a sense of humor.
You’ve lived and breathed digital advertising, content creation, sales execution and now you are ready to take that to the next level. You know how to bridge the gap between the unique needs of a brand and the assets of an organization to find activations that work to grow awareness. You are excited about partnering with the marketing team to build on brand activations, driving awareness through new brand partners. You love thinking about new and creative ways to take content and use to create customers. You embrace the idea of selling digital while also looking to build a digital execution team. As the owner of the content monetization for Stack Sports, you must know what it takes to generate new partners and start to build a team that can support the execution of larger scale advertising buys both direct and indirect.
What you'll do:
You’ll work with our Vice President of Marketing and Innovation as well as the GM of Brands to grow Stack Sports’ digital advertising strategy. You’ll be involved heavily in the day-to-day of all of Stack Sports’ major brand initiatives, including multi platform audience targeting, event activations and new inventory creation. You’ll play a critical role in operationalizing our go forward digital strategy for multiple lines of business. In addition, you will work closely with our team to help make decisions on where we should invest our resources next. At Stack Sports you have the opportunity to work with a world-class executive team, sports technology and a growing team of people dedicated to increasing participation in sports.
Our perfect hire for this role is a creative, sales-oriented marketer who will:
- Develop a deep understanding of digital sales, agency relationships and the brand needs.
- Grow digital distribution across all channels.
- Build a sustainable model for our premier content assets, platforms and experiences.
- Build and manage a pipeline of strategic opportunities in the local area sufficient to achieve aggressive revenue targets.
- Ensure that brands see the value of our audience and unique position in the market.
- Grow revenue from existing accounts by incorporating new sites, products, programs, or platforms
- Work with Marketing to create sales collateral to be distributed amongst the sales teams.
- Develop a growth strategy for the digital team and lead the development of that team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of digital advertising experience working with major brand partners.
- Bachelor degree from a four-year college or university with preference for degree/major in business, advertising, or marketing.
- Proven experience building and growing successful teams.
- Understanding of programmatic ad buying/selling process OR experience managing a large portfolio of reach extension advertising products (beyond owned & operated) AND high media IQ through diverse media background
- Experience in sports media is a plus.
What We Offer
- Modern and collaborative work environment
- Supportive team members
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Fully paid parental leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a Visa for this role.