Stack Sports is a global sports technology company based in Plano, TX with offices in Denver, CO, San Diego, CA, and Atlanta, GA. From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use league management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. With a wide variety of tools, Stack Sports technologies make the administrative side of organized sports run smoothly so associations, leagues, clubs, coaches, parents, and athletes can have fun and focus on their favorite sport.
Our Sports Connect Product Management team delivers market leading software to youth sports governing bodies, sports associations, and leagues all over the nation. Delivery of these services requires work coordinated across the organization and multiple development teams. The Sports Connect Product Manager will lead agile reviews across multiple development teams, manage team backlogs, work with stakeholders, inspire our teams to deliver, and outline a clear vision for future capabilities. This role provides a great opportunity to partner with the technical teams to deliver capabilities to support league directors, association registrars, coaches, referees, parents, and athletes participating in youth sports activities.
In this Product Manager position, you will be developing and launching solutions for our Sports Connect Platform and related products that solve the most frequent issues for sports league administrators, coaches, officials, parents, and athletes. Innovation in this area involves supporting an existing platform while helping Sports Connect transform youth sports with innovative features and integrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outline a product roadmap: Set a vision/long term strategy for delivery.
- Engage teams and stakeholders: Work across teams to ensure we are delivering features, capabilities and processes that can be deployed by our technical teams and customers.
- Own Go to Market Strategy for key features and product launches
- Own the health of your product: Track performance by supporting the development of appropriate metrics and measurables. Proactively look into how to better Sports Connect’s product suite.
- Creative Problem Solving: Many of the challenges we face will not have an obvious solution - It will take creative technical collaboration to create a solution that the industry can adopt.
- Drive and Celebrate the Team: In the agile process, the PM needs to set the vision for a given sprint along with providing both energy and positivity so that our teams deliver the features to meet our customers’ needs.
- Embrace the Agile Development process: Work with assigned Agile teams on backlog reviews, daily standups, refinement meetings and sprint complete celebrations.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Displays ability to execute on projects and timelines
- Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer
- Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do
- Displays a relentless commitment to win
- Displays personal & corporate integrity
- Strong understanding of both web & mobile development.
- Experience with change management, transforming large applications and product launches.
- Strong understanding of platform service models, including Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to manage the overall project including rollout timeline, weekly deliverables, and key gaps or barriers.
- Demonstrate remarkable leadership and communication skills. You should be comfortable representing your team and championing your projects across the organization.
- Ability to make data driven decisions to drive roadmap items for your assigned product.
- Participate in direct client and Stack Sports product team discussions to ensure product can be easily deployed and supported.
- Have a passion for youth sports and software product knowledge to ensure Stack Sports products are addressing the changing needs of our customers and partners.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines.
- 2+ years of product management experience overseeing technology/software related products, preferably with SaaS products.
- Experience with agile development methodologies, scrum framework preferred.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical background preferred.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.