Who we are
From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use team management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. Being able to juggle all the important aspects in life can be challenging as sports parents.
- Play to Win - Strive for greatness every day. Results count.
- Be a Team Player - Commit to collective success. Be anchored in transparency, candor, and respect.
- Own the Solution - Be a problem solver. Embrace the challenge.
- Run in Our Customers' Shoes - Have empathy for our customers and evaluate our performance through their eyes.
Who You Are
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of dedication, impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We want you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we’re looking for. We also know that diversity of background and thought makes for better problem solving and more creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team.
- You are a team player.
- You have a coach mentality.
- You are capable of working in an Agile environment.
- You are capable of owning a solution from end to end.
- You are comfortable working with multiple technologies.
- You are comfortable on server-side as well as frontend.
- You have strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have a good understanding of Design Patterns and when to apply them.
- You are capable of reading / interpreting code written in other languages that you do not specialize in (PHP, Ruby, Go etc.)
- You make good use of automated testing at unit and system level
- You take pride in developing clean, elegant, highly-reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
Skills & Qualifications
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- You have 3-4 years of experience with MEAN/MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React or Angular, Node.js) or similar frameworks.
- Or you have 3-4 years experience with PHP/Laravel
- You have an understanding of Domain Driven Design and SaaS architecture.
- You analyze and plan before executing a project.
- You have an understanding of SCM principles (e.g. git flow) and how they relate to automation (CI/CD) and are able to guide the team in their correct application.
- You understand and can work with both relational and NoSQL data.
What You'll Do
- Solve problems and deliver products and solutions that help fulfil the Stack Sports vision.
- Help guide the evolution of our legacy platform towards being a cloud-native system.
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- Be an advocate for the currently adopted product development process and best practices and help improve them. We use Scrum to define and improve our processes.
- Help align our development best practices with initiatives from other parts of the organization.
- Learn and use cloud native data stores such as AWS Storage Accounts (Blob store, file store etc.) and be able to determine which offering makes the most sense from a performance / cost perspective.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations.
- Create, configure and document new services in AWS or other cloud environments and work collaboratively with DevOps to transition new services into production environments.
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment including ability to work remotely
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Comprehensive benefit package including Fully Paid Parental Leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a visa application for this role.