Who we are
From our humble beginnings as sports parents and coaches, we founded Stack Sports to transform the youth sports experience by helping other parents, coaches and administrators manage all aspects of their sports organizations. By developing easy-to-use team management solutions, we allow parents, players and coaches to focus on the game - not administrative duties. Our founders and employees wear many hats. Successful entrepreneurs. Loving parents. Sports enthusiasts. Community volunteers. Being able to juggle all the important aspects in life can be challenging as sports parents.
- Play to Win - Strive for greatness every day. Results count.
- Be a Team Player - Commit to collective success. Be anchored in transparency, candor, and respect.
- Own the Solution - Be a problem solver. Embrace the challenge.
- Run in Our Customers' Shoes - Have empathy for our customers and evaluate our performance through their eyes.
Who You Are
- You have an understanding of Domain Driven Design and SaaS architecture.
- You have a pragmatic approach to modernizing monolithic software.
- You analyze and plan before executing a project.
- You have a good understanding of Design Patterns and when to apply them.
- You take pride in developing clean, elegant, highly-reusable code that is easy to maintain and extend.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with a Master’s Degree preferred.
- You have 3+ years in an architect role, preferably with a SaaS delivery model.
- You have 8+ years experience in hands-on application system design, development and delivery of software products.
- You must have 4-5 years of experience with C# .NET and related frameworks.
- You are capable of reading / interpreting code written in other languages that you do not specialize in (PHP, Ruby, Go etc.)
- Thorough understanding of relational database design and OLAP with a good understanding of MS-SQL, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL.
- Hands-on experience with SCM (e.g. git flow), automation (CI/CD) and deployment of Microservices, Kubernetes, Containers (Docker).
- Understanding/experience of internet security, data encryption, securing endpoints, and data at rest (compliance with PII, COPPA, etc.)
- Understanding of application performance profiling and best practices and methods of how to improve performance of single-page web applications (e.g. caching data, making API call in parallel and asynchronous modes, pre-fetching data, etc.)
What You'll Do
- Understand long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to help meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Participate in and help promote cross-company technical initiatives that balance long-term product velocity with short-term customer needs
- Define a robust architecture suitable for integrating product platforms, leveraging and enhancing existing building blocks and creating new reusable components.
- Collaborate with peers on brainstorms, technical design discussions, pair programming sessions and code reviews.
- Mentor other engineers on the team.
- Be an advocate for the currently adopted product development process and best practices and help improve them. We use Scrum to define and improve our processes.
- Help align our development best practices with initiatives from other parts of the organization.
- Learn and use cloud native data stores such as Azure Storage Accounts (Blob store, file store etc.) and be able to determine which offering makes the most sense from a performance / cost perspective.
- Work with a mix of VB.NET asp, C# aspx, .NET Framework and .NET Core technologies.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to support API integrations.
- Create, configure and document new services in Azure or other cloud environments and work collaboratively with DevOps to transition new services into production environments.
- Build early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design and performance.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, performance and resilience.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams across the organization.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership across one or more engineering teams.
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation to be used by engineering and other stakeholders.
What We Offer
- Open, modern, and collaborative work environment including ability to work remotely
- Entrepreneurial environment - leave your mark
- Purpose-driven culture
- Comprehensive benefit package including Fully Paid Parental Leave
At this time, Stack Sports will not sponsor a visa application for this role.