Product Manager, Registration
Sports Connect is the leader in online registration and league management for youth sports. Since our founding in 2002, we have worked hard to create a service that will enable youth sports organizations to focus their attention where it matters most: the kids!
Sports Connect is powered by our parent company, Stack Sports. And is one of the many powerful solutions within the Stack Sports' portfolio. Our Product Management team delivers market-leading software to athletes, parents, and coaches in North America. Delivery of these services requires work coordinated across the organization and multiple development teams. The Sports Connect Product Manager will lead agile reviews across a couple of the product teams, manage team backlogs, work with stakeholders, inspire our teams to deliver, and outline a clear vision for future capabilities. This role provides a great opportunity to partner with the technical teams to deliver capabilities to support league directors, association registrars, coaches, referees, parents, and athletes participating in youth sports activities.
We are a smart, young and motivated group of people that works hard for our customers. We have been at the forefront of our industry, starting with soccer, then baseball, and expanding into all youth sports. We continue to invest in our product and provide the highest level of service and customer support in the market. Simply put, we are proud of what we do and we consider our customers our partners.
This Product Manager position is responsible for driving the evolution of our mobile-first (mobile browser) registration platform in line with our industry leading league management platform. This position will work in cooperation with solution and IT experts, as well as quality and design gurus to ensure our registration platform is second to none. This person should be skilled in working with various API services and should be familiar with mobile browser-based user experiences. This person should also have experience in Agile Scrum Methodology.
ALL applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter. Be clear in your cover letter as to why this particular job interests you and what makes you the ideal candidate!
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done in the past week:
- Participated in daily scrum meetings composed of technology and design geniuses.
- Coordinated agile backlog grooming and sprint planning sessions.
- Worked to identify core product functional needs in order to deliver powerful league management solutions for our industry-leading sports registration service.
- Worked side-by-side with team members (designers, developers, dreamers, quality experts) to help progress an awesome solution.
- Coordinated and participated in customer research to gather important product feedback.
- Helped turn a fledgling idea into an impactful product enhancement.
- Worked with UX and quality team members to ensure seamless experiences across mobile browsers.
- Helped to test a product to ensure a successful release.
- Worked closely with Marketing & Customer-facing Team Members to publish blogs & help articles pertaining to recent feature releases.
- Presented your roadmap goals & metrics to executive stakeholders.
- Worked closely with Dev Leaders to measure sprint velocity.
Here are a few general attributes we look for:
- You love sports.
- You are an exceptional leader.
- You have a positive attitude.
- You are eager to learn, as well as, teach.
- You are just nerdy enough to love your work.
- You take pride in your work and will go the extra mile to make sure a task is done right.
- You are always looking for new ways to sharpen your game and improve your performance.
We’re looking for Product Managers with the following experience:
- Required: 2-3 years of product management experience, preferably in the SaaS space.
- Required: Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Required: A strong understanding of what it takes to create a seamless user experience.
- Nice to have: Experience working within software that provides a top-notch registration/sign up process.