Director of Demand Generation
Who you are:
You’re a demand generation Player Coach.
The Director of Demand Generation role is a highly visible one with a huge potential impact. The ideal candidate will operate calmly in chaotic environments, exhibit impeccable attention to detail, work efficiently, know how to sell – and do all of this with humility and a sense of humor.
You’ve lived and breathed the “doing” of marketing and sales executing everything from the targeted list builds to sophisticated outbound sequences. You know how to bridge the gap between the marketing team and the sales team while understanding the unique needs of a customer. You are excited about partnering with the SDR team to build the outbound prospecting cadence, driving efficiency through new tools and processes. You love thinking about new and creative ways to build targeted lists to run campaigns against them. You embrace the latest technologies and are a “student of the game,” thinking about next-generation tools like Drift. As the owner of the outbound marketing funnel, you must know what it takes to generate customers and start to build a team that exhibits these traits.
What you'll do:
You’ll work with our Vice President of Marketing and sales teams to run Stack Sports’ programs that drive qualified leads. You’ll be involved heavily in the day-to-day of all of Stack’s SDR motion, including owning lead list generation and outbound campaign strategy. You’ll play a critical role in operationalizing our account-based marketing (ABM) program. In addition, you will work closely with our team to help make decisions on where we should invest our resources next. At Stack Sports you have the opportunity to work with a world-class executive team, sports technology and a growing team of people dedicated to increasing participation in sports.
Our perfect hire for this role is a creative, sales-oriented marketer who will:
- Develop a deep understanding of customers, products and the buyer’s journey.
- Grow distribution across all channels, not just owned channels. Must be skilled in content creation supported by SEO/SEM optimization and PPC strategy.
- Ensure that content reaches the right part of the sales funnels at the right time.
- Educate and qualify prospects within Target Accounts --- developing sales-ready leads and opportunities.
- Research organizations and relationships between prospects to create a penetration strategy.
- Partner closely with lifecycle marketing to nurture prospects before the outbound sales motion.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to build programs that support sales enablement. You’ll implement new tools and processes to increase the reach rate, opportunity generation, and throughput of our SDR team.
- Manage our campaign calendar and prospect generation, which will include a scaled web scraping strategy to find the right target accounts and prospects.
- Measure, track, and report on all ABM activities in order to illustrate ROI and ensure optimal use of sales/marketing tactics.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of demand generation experience in a B2B high-tech company partnering with an outbound sales team
- Google Adwords Certification
- Ability to execute day-to-day without the need for consultants and contractors
- Ability to analyze the sales/marketing funnel to identify areas for improvement and apply A/B test
- Strong communications and sales skills with the ability to present data to influence people across the organization
- Track record of successfully creating, executing, and managing lead generation campaigns that drive ROI. Including content marketing, google ads, facebook ads, and other ad platform experience.
- General knowledge of account-based-marketing (ABM). Expert in database/list management and best practices. Ideally has experience managing a large in-house database.
- Attention to detail is very important in this role - you have a lot of power being in charge of all our outbound strategy!
- Never satisfied - there is always something else to tweak and optimize. We love you if you’re always curious & asking questions, then looking up the answer to see if it confirms your hypothesis.
- Technical skills or expertise with Salesforce, Drift, Intercom, a sales automation platform like Outreach, SalesLoft or Apollo, and Excel. Experience working with Marketo or Pardot is a plus.